Amundi Ireland announces Basis Point as a new Charity Partner
Friday 08 July 2022
The vision of Basis Point is to provide children with the opportunity to reach their full potential through education.
Amundi Ireland is delighted to announce that it has become a 'Prestige Patron' of Basis Point; which is the charity of the Irish Funds industry supporting children from under-served communities. It was founded on the idea of joined giving and is an example of the funds industry pooling their efforts, resources and time together to combat one single issue.
Education is key to breaking the poverty cycle and improving health, nutrition, and opportunities for all children throughout Ireland. The charity partners with several inspirational education programmes which focus not simply on the nuts and bolts of literacy and numeracy, but also on peripheral soft skills such as self-esteem, confidence, willingness to engage with authority and resilience.
The portfolio of programmes supported by the charity includes:
- The Early Learning Initiative - supporting parents, communities and schools in the education of disadvantaged children;
- Archways - Providing solutions and preventions for children aged 4-8 with emotional, social and behavioural difficulties;
- Limerick Youth Service - Connecting with young people to support them in transitioning from primary to secondary school;
- TU Dublin - Introducing children from DEIS schools to third level education;
- Foroige - Making it possible for young people, aged 12-18, to discover and reach their potential in education, work and life by enabling them to develop key skills and attitudes necessary to work towards a better future;
- Business in the Community Ireland - A student mentor programme that encourages an inclusive society where everyone thrives;
- Teen-Turn - Providing teenage girls the opportunity to gain hands-on STEM experience and helping them explore STEM related career opportunities;
- Suas - Helping improve numeracy for children from disadvantaged communities.
Graham Fox, Head of Distribution at Amundi Ireland, strongly supports this charity and has become Amundi's 'champion' within the charity.
"Educating our youth is a topic that I hold close to my heart and I was delighted to become Amundi Irelands representative within this very important charity. I'm really looking forward to getting involved with the charity".
Declan Murray, Director of Management Company Services at Amundi Ireland and member of the Charity Committee shared that;
"Given Amundi Ireland’s long-standing partnership with Dublin Simon, where we support their work with the homeless community, we feel strongly that this new partnership with Basis Point will help us to bring that full circle by helping to tackle some of the root causes of long-term disadvantage".
To learn more about Basis Point and the work that they do please visit their website. https://www.basispoint.ie/patrons/
The vision of Basis Point is to provide children with the opportunity to reach their full potential through education
Weekly Market Review 19th of September 2022
The Week at a glance
Weekly Market Review 12th of September 2022
The Week at a glance
ESG Thema #7 - ESG Corporate Disclosure
Towards more demanding and harmonized reporting